mental radio

...is when the tunes playing inside my head,

turn out to be the LORD trying to tell me something...

Saturday, September 25, 2004
 
peace, happiness, and office furniture

~~~as originally posted @ the infrequent blogger on friday, 17 sept 04~~~

Several years ago, before I met my late husband, I worked in an office. I was the file clerk. Business was booming back then, and every so often one of the file cabinets would become so full that I could barely cram another sheet of paper in - much less, put my hand in to pull the files out to find things. When that would happen, I would tell my supervisor, and she would order a new file cabinet.

One day, during the interval between ordering a new file cabinet and it being delivered, I was trying to fit just one more bit of paper into an already overstuffed drawer. I remember saying to myself in frustration, ‘I’ll be happy when I get that new file cabinet.’

And I distinctly heard a voice (but no one was there) say to me in reply, ‘Why can’t you be happy now?’

Hmmm…

I’ve thought about that one for years.

~~~

As for peace…

For months now, ever since April, whenever I pray, I hear the LORD saying to me, ‘Be at Peace.’

Hmmm…You’d think I would figure it out, that if I’m being told to be at peace - it means I’m not really at peace. Right?

I am notorious for being slow on the uptake. sigh

Well, from April till now has not exactly been the most peaceful period of my life. Mostly on the inside - the battlefield of the mind.

But then a few days ago, I had a vision of the LORD giving me swimming lessons. I saw myself floating on my back in the water, and could feel the LORD’s hand under my back, holding me up. No matter how deep the water would get. (And I don’t like being in water that’s over my head.)

Sweet vision. So peaceful.

Then came Saturday’s night yell-fest at GOD - and Sunday morning, as chronicled in ‘Compassion.’ And now?

Peace is my choice. I can’t always choose my circumstances, but I can choose my reactions. I choose Peace. And I may mess up tomorrow! Because the enemy of our souls is relentless, and he does not want me to be at Peace, but in turmoil.

But I choose to be at Peace even in the heart of the storm, as it rages all around me.

So help me, LORD Jesus.

~~~

This is the last post I plan to import from the infrequent blogger. I could probably go ahead and shut that blog down, but I guess I'll at least give it a couple more days, just to see if anyone is even looking at it anymore.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

~~~ mental radio ~ contents copyright © 2004 ~ sheya joie yonathi ~~~