mental radio

...is when the tunes playing inside my head,

turn out to be the LORD trying to tell me something...

Thursday, September 23, 2004
 
the post that titled this blog - updated

I originally posted this on my previous blog, the infrequent blogger, last wednesday, 15 sept 04:

Timing. Timing is everything; remember that.

Monday afternoon, I was just starting to compose a new post for this blog, writing about what I call 'mental radio' - when I suddenly couldn't get into the blogger site anymore. So I decided to reboot.

And my computer died.

Wonderful.

That was Monday afternoon. Monday evening, I got an envelope in the mail.

With a check in it.

A very nice substantial check.

So...Tuesday, I went and bought a new computer!

Like I said, timing is everything.

~~~

And, by the way, there is no such thing as coincidence. Things like this happen to me a lot. This was GOD's doing, arranging for the money to show up just when I needed it.

[Mental note: remember to blog about the washing machine.]

Most of the time, the 'coincidences' of my life are not about money, though, I might add. More often, it's things like I mentioned in 'Compassion' - three different people giving me the same Bible verse within 24 hours - things like that.

Nice when it is money though - when I need it.

So - thank YOU so much, LORD Jesus - for my new computer. May I only use it to please YOU.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog...

~~~

Mental radio - that's what I call it. When you get a tune stuck in your head, and it just keeps playing over and over again in the back of your head. And sometimes it is horribly annoying, because it's a tune you hate!

For me, most of the tunes on the radio station of the mind are from my growing-up years. 70's mostly. Some 80's. Some 60's. Even some 50's, from before I was born. Ancient history!

Monday's tunes were a lot of ABBA: 'Take a chance on me' and 'Knowing me, knowing you.' (I wasn't especially an ABBA fan, by the way.)

The weird part lately is that I have been noticing a correlationship between what's playing on Mental Radio, and what's going on in my life.

For example...

I have a dear friend. We are so close, our nickname for each other is 'twin.' I love him like I love my own brother.

He has had a lot of hurts in his life. A lot. And I pray for him a lot.

He was recently going through a particularly rough time. And during that time, it finally dawned on me (took a few days; I am well known for being clueless) that the tune that kept running through my head was Elton John's 'Daniel.' Not all of it; I couldn't remember all the lyrics; I still don't. Mostly, it was the phrase 'Daniel my brother' and the line 'Do you still feel the pain from the scars that won't heal?'

And it hit me - that song was in my head because of my friend, my twin. All those old wounds (and new ones too). And that this was a call for me to pray for him. A lot.

~~~

I mentioned that sometimes it's a song you hate. That happened this morning. I was fixing my son a sandwich for his school lunch. Not a PBJ, but I had noticed the jar of marmalade when I was bringing out the sandwich fixings. And suddenly that song about Lady Marmalade started running through my head!

Ugh - I do not like that song. I know enough French to understand the French portion of the song - NOT one of my favorites!

(Can you tell that I was annoyed?)

Ah, but remember what I said earlier about timing?

Lady Marmalade in the song was in New Orleans. And when I recognized that in the song, I was truly floored.

You see, a little earlier while I was online, a friend had pointed me to this posting here.

That post ends with a call to pray - for New Orleans. And my mental radio was also a call to pray.

So please, everyone who reads this: please pray for the people of New Orleans - pray for everyone in the path of Hurricane Ivan - for mercy, for repentance, for opened eyes. As when Jonah went and preached to the people of Nineveh, and they repented and disaster was averted (for a time).

Please. Please pray.

~~~

And now for the updates: as I was contemplating reposting the above here at mental radio, I was considering editing it, since the part about Hurricane Ivan was no longer timely - and anyway, he missed New Orleans.

Well...seems ol' Ivan is back somehow - churning away in the Gulf, and not far from New Orleans again!

He is actually supposed to hit further west than that, I understand. But still...please...be praying for those in the path of the renewed Ivan.

Thank you.

(Timing is still everything!)

~~~

Oh. And I took the new computer back, and I'm trying to get the dead one fixed now instead.

(Hmmm...Still need to blog about the washing machine...)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

~~~ mental radio ~ contents copyright © 2004 ~ sheya joie yonathi ~~~