mental radio

...is when the tunes playing inside my head,

turn out to be the LORD trying to tell me something...

Tuesday, October 05, 2004
 
driving on fumes

With the gas prices so high lately, I keep putting off refilling the tank till I have to, in the hopes of finding a better price - somewhere!

So it's not surprising that one day not so long ago, I cut it a little too fine...

I had taken the kids to the library and we were now heading for the store. I was planning to buy a little gas once we got to the store. I knew we were really low. Getting close to driving on fumes, I thought.

That was an understatement!

We were coming through town when I realized that the car was beginning to run funny. Of course, we had just passed the last gas station for the mext mile! I pulled over into the right-hand lane, in case the car died entirely, in case I might ned to get off quickly into the shoulder. We kept going...

And then the car did die, and I did have to get off into the shoulder. I could see the next gas station, about a quarter-mile ahead.

We were in the shoulder lane, but I hadn't hit the brakes yet. We were still rolling...

And it was slightly uphill...

Rolling, rolling, rolling. Praying - "LORD, just a little further!" Rolling...

Coming up on the corner - gas station on the far right, just beyond the red light.

Red light! Oh yes, it was red.

Rolling, rolling, rolling. Slowing. Praying. Coming up on the intersection...

Green!

Rolling on - right through the intersection, into the parking lot, right up to the pump.

Yay!

Thank YOU, Jesus!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

~~~ mental radio ~ contents copyright © 2004 ~ sheya joie yonathi ~~~