mental radio

...is when the tunes playing inside my head,

turn out to be the LORD trying to tell me something...

Saturday, October 16, 2004
 
gift

A couple of years ago, I got a bonk on my head that gave me a headache for the rest of the day. Not one of the best days of my life - before it was over, my oldest child had run away. (She came back the next day.)

I grumbled at the LORD about the bonk on my head, complaining that HE had let it happen. And then I heard HIM say to me, that it was a gift.

A gift?????

Over time, I began to understand. The cramps in my feet when I was trying to pray. The kids yelling and bickering. All the little (and big) annoyances of my life. These are in fact gifts, if I look at them from a different perspective. Inconveniences, to stretch me - to show me that in HIS strength, I can endure more than I thought I could.

Praying in the midst of the storm, so to speak.

The LORD is the giver of good gifts - every good and perfect gift comes down from the Father of lights. (James 1:17)

I just have to remember to see things HIS way, and not my own way.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

~~~ mental radio ~ contents copyright © 2004 ~ sheya joie yonathi ~~~