mental radio

...is when the tunes playing inside my head,

turn out to be the LORD trying to tell me something...

Wednesday, October 20, 2004
 
names

I love names. Good thing I had seven kids, huh? Gave me a huge opportunity to indulge my love of names.

I started collecting books on names when I was a teen. Now, most name books are of the 'name your baby' variety, so when I bought and brought home that first one at age 16 - well, you should have seen my mom's face! Wondering was there some news I hadn't told them...

Nope - not pregnant - just fascinated with names - where they came from - what they meant.

Writing gives me the opportunity to indulge my love of names as well. I've been working on a novel for some time now - lotsa characters, lotsa names to bestow. Lotsa fun for me!

How long have I been working on the novel? Well, when I started, I had it that the main character was 10 years old, because that was the age of my oldest child.

My oldest is now 15 - and the main character is now 12. Hmmm...

And the novel is 1/3 finished.

So...somebody's gotta get busy writing, eh?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

~~~ mental radio ~ contents copyright © 2004 ~ sheya joie yonathi ~~~