mental radio

...is when the tunes playing inside my head,

turn out to be the LORD trying to tell me something...

Sunday, November 07, 2004
 
barely blogging

I know, I know - I haven't posted a thing here since the election. I keep starting out to write a post, then deleting what I've written.

My scattered almost-thoughts then:

The Bush win seemed to have brought out a lot of what I think of as 'Bush-olatry' - Christians so exultant over his win, as if having Bush in the White House will ensure good things breaking out everywhere. I heard a lot of talk of 'reprieve' and 'now we have four more years.'

But four more years to do what? To sit in our churches and continue with the bless-me clubs?

Yes, I voted for Bush (don't let my dad know I violated the principle of the secret ballot!) - but it was more like I voted against Kerry. I don't have a whole lot of illusions about Republican-presidents-as-Messiah: we've had some pretty conservative presidents - and yet abortion is still legal, morals continue to get worse and worse, etc, etc.

Yes, who occupies the White House does matter. But so does what we ourselves are doing. (Yes, including me.) It isn't enough to vote a Christian into the Presidency and think, I did a good thing; I can go back to sleep now.

You see why I starting writing this and then deleted it?

~~~

And the other thing I nearly blogged: that one by one over the past week, all four of our month-old kittens died. And we don't know why.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

~~~ mental radio ~ contents copyright © 2004 ~ sheya joie yonathi ~~~